Elementary School Teacher
Website srvcstaffing.com SRVC Staffing Agency
SRVC Staffing Agency is Hiring!
Job Title: Teacher
Supervisor: Building Principal or District Administrator Classification: Certified (FEA)
Days/Months: minimum of 184 days
Teaches pupils the relevant district curriculum, fosters a supportive and productive learning environment for all kids, and ensures that each student experiences excellent academic, social, physical, and emotional development.
Duties and Expectations
Domain 1: Planning and Preparation
- Demonstrates knowledge of content and pedagogy
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual student learning and cultural characteristics
- Sets instructional outcomes as aligned with the Alaska State Standards
- Designs coherent instruction incorporating local resources and technology
- Designs summative and formative student assessments related to instructional outcomes
Domain 2: Classroom Environment
- Creates an environment of respect and rapport conducive to learning
- Establishes and communicates classroom procedures with students and families
- Establishes and models positive student behavioral expectations
- Interacts with students in an encouraging and supportive manner
- Demonstrates passion for the subject
- Creates and models smooth functioning of all classroom routines
- Organizes physical space to promote safety and educational access for all students
Domain 3: Instruction
- Clearly communicates expectation for learning, directions, and procedures with students and families
- Creates classroom discussion that is animated and engaging for all students
- Creates questions that promote learning through discussion
- Uses questioning and discussion techniques to effectively engage students in learning
- Uses assessments to guide instruction and increase student ownership of learning objectives
- Demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness to student learning needs and difference
Domain 4: Professional Responsibilities
- Continually seeks to improve skills through reflecting on teaching practices
- Maintains accurate records and updates online grade book regularly
- Communicates frequently with students and families to engage them in the instructional program
- Actively participates in a Professional Learning Community to support personal and professional growth
- Demonstrates professionalism through positive interactions and collegial support
Standard office equipment includes a computer, printer, copy machine, SmartBoard, and video projector.
Personal devices, such as a phone and/or a tablet. Email, internet, Google Suite, and Microsoft programs.
Any other equipment needed to develop and present an appropriate instructional program, including courses facilitated through district wide distance delivery.
Independent decision-making expected, verifying course of action with supervising building principal or district administrator as needed, based on School Board policy, district and/or building rules.
Primary Working Contacts
Certified and classified staff in the building, building administrators, parents, and students.
Supervision Received and Exercised
The teacher is supervised by the building principal. The teacher is responsible for the safety and supervision of all students assigned to his/her classroom or another duty assignment.
Unusual Working Conditions
Requires being outside in extremely cold temperatures when on bus and recess duty. Itinerant teachers are required to travel between different work locations.
A written evaluation, annually or more frequently, in accordance with district policy, by the building administrator or other appropriate district administrator.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands of this position require frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking, hearing, and the ability to withstand extended periods of time (between 3-4 hours) without a break. Specific visual abilities are also required. The employee is regularly required to reach with his/her hands and arms and occasionally lift items weighing up to 50lbs and to safely restrain out-of-control students who present a danger to themselves or others.
The employee must be able to understand vague and implicit instructions, be able to readily recall facts and details, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure.
Minimum qualifications (required)
Valid Alaska teaching certificate
Meet all state and federal requirements in order to be qualified in required content area.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fairbanks, AK 99707: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
For interested applicants, you can apply here on our website or send us a direct email at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org