Website srvcstaffing.com SRVC STAFFING AGENCY
SRVC STAFFING AGENCY IS NOW HIRING!
JOB ROLE: FINANCE MANAGER
The Finance Manager is responsible for the Foundation’s day-to-day accounting activities and ensures timely and correct delivery of financial statements and reporting while adhering to financial policies and procedures in line with generally accepted accounting standards (GAAP). The HR and Risk Manager gets backup assistance from the Finance Manager, who oversees the Finance Assistant and consistently works to strengthen the financial controls system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General Accounting and Reporting
- Establishes internal controls and regulations for budgeting and accounting activities.
- Oversees and controls all aspects of general accounting, such as taxes, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger reconciliation.
- Assists the vice president of finance and administration in creating the foundation’s yearly operating and capital budgets.
- Ensures that the reported results follow generally accepted accounting standards when preparing a monthly budget to actual reports, financial forecasts, and periodic financial statements.
- Formulating the Foundation’s payment plan and estimating the actual payout in collaboration with other departments.
- Provides management with advice on short- and long-term financial goals and policies.
- Delegates departmental assignments and supervises and trains the finance team.
Audit and Tax Compliance
- Helps in the creation of federal, state, and local tax returns.
- Calculations for the projected excise payment are prepared in collaboration with the outside contractor.
- Ensures adherence to regulations set out by the municipal, state, and federal governments.
- Enforces adherence to regional, state, and federal regulations.
- Is in charge of supervising the creation of IRS Forms 1099 and 1096.
Prepares the Foundation’s year-end financial statement by working with the auditors to generate audit schedules, financial information, and footnotes.
- Helps the auditors and gives them the information they need throughout the yearly audit.
- Prepares the monthly general ledger for grants management database reconciliation.
- Aids in overseeing Program-Related Investments (PRIs) portfolio, including amortization schedules.
- The Matching Gifts Program is managed.
- Generates regular reports and assists with the budget formulation for the Initiative.
- Drafts, manage, and allocates budgets for Foundation contracts.
- Payroll transactions are examined and entered into the accounting system.
- Takes part in the choice, creation, and use of software solutions.
- Has the capacity to produce graphs and tables for executive-level reporting and the ability to convey financial facts to a large audience.
- Participates in market research.
- Obtains an up-to-date inventory of computers and computer-related assets by cooperating with the IT Operations Manager.
- Serves as the principal backup for the HR and Risk Manager and the Vice President of Finance and Administration.
- Attends and offers assistance to the PRI, Grants, Audit, and Investment committees.
- There may be some travel needed.
- More tasks as needed.
- Alignment with the Foundation’s mission and vision.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core value.
- Prior demonstrated responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for a division or significant program area.
- Fundamental understanding of grants management.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; accounting and reporting software knowledge.
- A solid understanding of GAAP accounting principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- High integrity combined with a commitment to good governance.
- Commitment to a high level of confidentiality.
- Fluency with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Teams, and QuickBooks, and demonstrated ability to learn and adopt new software/applications.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field required. CPA or MBA preferred.
- Five years or more of related accounting experience, including time in a supervisory role.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination, including applicable booster shots required.
Interested Candidates can apply here on our website srvcstaffing.com or send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org